Tuesday, June 28, 2011

squeezing some fun in

Random updates of what we were up to our last month in Provo...
At the end of May we took another trip to the beach house in San Diego and then partied in Vegas for Chandlers birthday.
cruisin around in the "la bamba" 1966 Chrysler 300

Eating at a yummy Vegas buffet for his birthday
Laura works at the gas station down the block from us so we had fun visiting her at work!
June 1st, Laura got her mission call to Lima North, Peru! She leaves in October

Naarah came and performed with the Orange County Mormon Choral Organization in June. She plays the violin and they performed "The Messiah in America", a beautiful Oratorio composed by Brett Stewart (the director of OCMCO) about Christ coming to the Americas. I was blown away by the performance and am in love with the arrangement. Cant wait for the recording to come out! My little neice Heidi also performs in OCMCO which has a childrens chorus ( AMAZING) as part of many of the choral arrangements.
We had fun spending time with Brian & Naarah while they were in town
Julianne had her beautiful little Layla after spending TOO long in the hospital on STRICT bed-rest. I don't know how Julianne survived sitting in the hospital for so long but I had fun visiting her when I had free time on my night shifts. She definitely deserved the miracle of little Layla being born healthy, still early, but much later than we expected!


Right after Layla was born Annalise had baby Cannon! We saw him a few weeks later when we came down to Vegas. We get to see lots of him and he's my favorite little cuddle buddy :)
We used our "pass of all passes" lots to go miniature golfing where I got my own hole-in-one to show up Chandler...
We also squeezed in some fun visits with all our Utah friends who I will miss hanging out with

No comments: