Wednesday, June 29, 2011

everybody say bye house!

We finally moved to Vegas! Saying goodbye to Provo was definitely bitter sweet. Attending BYU and living in Provo was such a fun chapter of my life. Of course its extra special because that's where Chandler and I met and spent our first 2 years married. We have so many fun memories here. But... we're also SO excited to move on with our lives and get started on the next chapter!

moving day went fast and we were so thankful for all the help, especially from Zan who came to help drive the U-haul!



Of course I have to say a word or two about my first job as a nurse. My experience working in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center was amazing. I worked with such an incredible group of people who were smart and inspiring. One year is hardly enough time to call myself an experienced nurse, but I am so grateful for all that I was exposed to in that short time. I learned so much. I really came to love my job and wish I had been better about recording some of my experiences. I feel so lucky to have a job that is so exciting and fast paced. I grew mentally, emotionally, and physically (lifting heavy patients!). I was able to feel like I made a difference in peoples lives. I felt the Lord's hand guide me every single shift as I carried a sometimes heavy burden of caring for the critically ill. I cant think of a better experience to have for my first year as a nurse and I am so thankful for the time I had in Provo.

Last night at work 6/20/2011

Next up is our summer of all summers!! Chandler starts school the end of August and I decided to hold off on getting a job until then. We have lots of fun summer trips planned and days with no work, no school, no rent (living in Chandlers parents house until we find a house of our own)... We are going to live it up and enjoy this last summer before Chandler starts Dental School! Woohoo, Vegas here we come!!

No comments: